Bhutan embassies and consulates do not process tourists visa for visitors. Zamu Travels on behalf of you will process your visas.
With the exception of visitors from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all other visitors travelling to Bhutan need a visa.
Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals can obtain a permit at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity (Indian nationals may also use their Voters Identity Card (VIC)).
All other tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior the travels to Bhutan.Visas are processed through an online system by Zamu Travels directly.
You are required to send the photo-page of your passport to Zamu Travels who will then apply for your visa.
The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) will process the visa once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been paid. Once received, the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
At your point of entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
- High Season Tariff: USD 250 per person per night halt (March, April, May, September, October & November)
- Low Season Tariff: USD 200 per person per night halt (January, February, June, July, August & December)
The minimum daily package covers the followng services:
- All internal Taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, and poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
- 3*** star Accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium)
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking
- Tourists traveling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates. These are as follows:
- Single individual – USD 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – USD 30 per person per night
- The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
- 25% discount on Diplomatic visas has been revoked.
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6 - 12 years accompanied by eldes/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to on person is a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 people.